Seasons Greetings From Orchard House Surgery
We are all looking forward to a healthy Christmas. You will probably know that your doctors’ surgeries and your local hospitals are under extreme pressure, especially as there are a lot of viral infections around at this time of year. We want to be able to provide the best care to all of our patients but especially those who are the most unwell. To help us to help you in this way, there are a few simple things that you can do:
• Before ringing your surgery, remember that your local chemist can help with most self-limiting illnesses.
• Stock up on simple preparations and medicines, such as paracetamol, calpol/nurofen for children, anti-diarrhoeal medicine, rehydration mixtures and indigestion remedies (all available from your chemist).
• Remember to stock up on any of your repeat medications in good time for Christmas.
Please spread this message to your family and friends.
Let’s all have an enjoyable Christmas and a healthy New Year.
Merry Christmas from all at Orchard House Surgery
During this time busy time of year, you can help yourself – and the NHS – by using the most appropriate healthcare option.
- Think Pharmacist - Many pharmacies have late night and weekend opening. A pharmacist can offer you a great deal of help and advice on the best over-the-counter medication for your condition. See a list of pharmacies and opening times HERE
- Call 111 or try it on online – NHS 111 is a free telephone service which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year. Trained advisors can offer urgent help and advice. You can also access the NHS 111 Online service anytime HERE and by answering some questions your symptoms will be assessed and you'll be given the recommended action to take
- Extra GP appointments - The Suffolk GP+ service operates in Ipswich, Felixstowe, Wickham Market, Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Sudbury and Mildenhall and enables you to book appointments in the evenings and on Saturdays. You can book an appointment with a GP or nurse practitioner in advance through your GP practice or NHS 111. The service will be operating in some locations on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- Urgent GP appointments – When you urgently need a GP appointment, call 111 to access the out of hours GP service.
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
As part of our decision to join together to form Suffolk Primary Care we will be sharing some resources and patient data with the other practices involved for further information please Click here to read our Fair Processing Notice
(Site updated 18/11/2019)